Data Privacy Notice
EP Waste Management Ltd is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. In this notice we explain how we hold, process and retain your personal data.
How we use your personal data
We may process information that you provide to us. This data may include the following
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your email address;
- Your employer or any group on whose behalf you are authorised to respond; and
- Your feedback in response to any consultation or notification by EP Waste Management Ltd (‘the consultation’).
We will use your personal data for the following purposes
- To record accurately and analyse any questions you raise or feedback you have provided in response to the consultation.
- To report on our consultation and notification, detailing what issues have been raised and how we have responded to that feedback.
- To personalise communications with individuals we are required to contact as part of future consultation or communications.
To deliver documents you have requested on loan (on paper, USB stick or on electronic document reader) and to retrieve these at the end of the loan period or to deliver documents you have bought.
To obtain payment of copying charges for documents you have requested a permanent copy of, where that charge has been set out in writing in advance.
To grant or refuse controlled access to sites or facilities owned or operated by EP UK Investments group companies.
The legal basis for processing this data is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest, namely for the purpose of ensuring that consultation and notification processes, analysis and reporting are accurate and comprehensive; ensuring that you can receive loan or permanent documents that you may request from us, and ensure we can recoup reasonable copying costs; and exercise reasonable safety and security controls when accessing our facilities.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out above, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Providing your personal data to others
We may provide your personal data to the following recipients but will only do so where necessary:
- EP Waste Management Ltd, EP UK Investments, AECOM and DWD on whose behalf we are collecting your feedback in order to analyse and report on the responses received to the consultation, and on whose behalf we are collecting identifying information in order to grant or refuse controlled access sites or facilities owned or operated by EP UK Investments group companies.
- Third party service providers and professional advisors who provide services to EP Waste Management Ltd, EP UK Investments, AECOM and DWD in connection with the consultation or consent applications.
- The Planning Inspectorate (or any successor body), the Examining Inspector, the Government, a relevant local planning authority or council. The Planning Inspectorate’s privacy notice is available at: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ni-privacy-statement.pdf
- Our insurers/ professional advisers. We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance cover, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
Unless we contact you and obtain your consent for us to retain your personal data for a longer period, we will delete your personal data as soon as practicable following the outcome of the Development Consent Order process.
We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The rights you have in relation to your personal information under data protection law are:
- The right to access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to object to processing;
- The right to data portability; and
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by writing to us using the details below.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 12144128, and our registered office is at Part Ground Floor, Paradigm Building 3175 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, United Kingdom, LS15 8ZB.
You can contact us
- by email, using the email address: email@example.com (this is preferred); or
- by post, to SHBEC, c/o DWD, 6 New Bridge Street, EC4V 6AB.